What is Managed WordPress Hosting
Firstly, Managed WordPress hosting is our streamlined, optimized hosting platform for building and managing WordPress hosting sites. The entire hosting environment is built around making your WordPress sites run faster and more securely.
Secondly, the word “Managed” for WordPress means that we handle basic hosting administrative tasks, such as installing WordPress, automated daily backups, WordPress core updates and server-level caching.
Finally, review some of it offerings:
- Performance-enhancing caching
- Automatic WordPress core updates through WordPress’ built-in functionality
- Enhanced security through restricting file access (more info) and Sucuri
- The latest version of WordPress automatically installed in the root directory
- sFTP and phpMyAdmin access.
- Automatic, daily backups (Pro plans: stored for 90 days; all other plans: 30 days)
- SSL included for one site for improved security (Ultimate and Pro plans)
Because of these accounts’ optimized configurations, there are also some limitations you should know:
- Managed WordPress does not support WordPress MU/Multisite
- Its hosting back-end does not come with a standard hosting control panel, so tools like system-level jobs aren’t available – but WordPress crons run automatically.
Compare Managed WordPress plans
Basic, Deluxe, Ultimate & Developer MWP Plans
Managed WordPress offers four simple plans – Basic, Deluxe, Ultimate and Developer. See the table below to find what works best for you – or to see what your existing plan includes. Not sure which plan you have already? Find your product.
($5.99/month, first year)
($7.99/month, first year)
($13.99/month, first year)
($17.99/month, first year)
|Max. number of sites||1||1||2||5|
|Search engine visibility wizard||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|Staging site for testing||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Malware scan and repair||No||No||Yes||No|
|SSL Certificates||Paid option||Paid option||Free for first year||Free for first year|
99.99% uptime: We back our hosting with 99.99% guaranteed service uptime per month. If we fall below that, let us know and we’ll give you a credit of your hosting fee for that month.
Money Back Guarantee: You can request a full refund for Annual plans within 30 days of purchase, and within 48 hours of purchase for Monthly plans.